If Valentine’s Day is an important day for you or the one you love; then you can also show a bit of extra love for the environment by carefully considering what you buy. Here’s some ideas:
– gift a sapling or plant a tree for your valentine.
– Cards made from recycled or tree-free paper.
– Consider sending an e-card; Saves on fuel and importantly, paper.
– organic chocolate.
– Choose organic and/or locally grown flowers.
– Make a donation to an environmental organization on behalf of the person.
– If you wish to give jewelry, consider pre-owned or purchasing from jewelers who are certified to be sourcing precious metals and gemstones in an ecologically and socially responsible manner. Or considering something really offbeat like a bamboo ring – they look amazing.
– Buy the person a gift certificate for holistic therapies e.g. massage, naturopath, health spa.
– Arrange dinner at a local restaurant specializing in organic or locally grown food. Eating locally cuts down on food miles.
– Perhaps make dinner yourself using locally grown ingredients, accompanied by a nice organic wine. Set the mood with earth-friendly candles. The effort you put in will be sure to impress!
– Book a retreat in a wildlife reserve, park or natural area.
– Go for a walk in your neighborhood park.
– Give natural perfumes and fragrances. Popular mainstream fragrances are chemical cocktails. By buying natural fragrances, you’ll be showing you not only care for the environment, but the person’s health.
Got any more ideas, drop in a line below.
Happy Valentines Day 🙂